Tuesday, August 11, 2009




































Some people justify it with "freedom", some with "style". But freedom and style won't counter bad luck. I give you the hazard I impacted with during this morning's commute: the common pigeon!

Little skyrats were either doing mating flights or fighting under the rail bridge before Bird Ave (heh heh..he said "bird!") and at least one dove right as I passed under while doing just over 70 while southbound on 280. I ducked but not enough. Not sure what happened to the bird as I didn't see him in the rearview and still needed to get to work on time.

If I'd had a skid lid or beanie the impact woulda pulled it off or over, and definitely would have lost sunglasses and gotten an eyeful of feathers and pigeon toes. Which would have made continuing to maintain control next to impossible. As I was wearing a full face helmet with visor mostly down, the only consequences are a little bit of sore neck, an amusing story and some helmet cleaning to do while picking out feathers.

Crashing for fashion and style sucks and no one wants to be damaged or dead because of something embarrassing. Wear the right gear!




No comments:

Post a Comment